Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Blog-iversary!

Can you believe it's been a year? One year ago today (er...Friday) I wrote my first blog post as I was getting ready to start my internship and year at home. Now I'm getting ready to start my first year of teaching and setting up my new home in Memphis. It's so funny to think that a year ago, Memphis wasn't even a blip on my radar. If you had asked me where I'd be a year from then, I'd have laughed at the idea. A year ago, I had no clue I would have to leave my original placement of second grade and end up in fourth with the best mentor teacher I could have asked for. I know I would not be half the teacher I am now if it weren't for my mentor and that school! However, not too much changed, I still watch the Bachelorette and take it too seriously and I just got to stand up with Lexi as she got married this weekend (pictures to come!). Everything has worked out so well that I have to believe that God wants me here. I get to live with Meghan, one of my fabulous friends from UF, we have a beautiful apartment in a great area, I get to teach the grade I spent a year interning with, I have already met a ton of really great friends, and the food is to die for. Good things to remember when the first year of teaching gets rough (as seen in the last post). Happy one year! Can't wait to see where I'll be next year!
One of my last Gainesville celebrations!
Hey Memphis ;)

1 comment:

  1. Everything works out for the best. Hope everything will be up, Up, UP from henceforth. Enjoy your new digs.

    ReplyDelete