Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January Currently

Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a fun and safe New Years Eve. I had a great time with my friends here in Jacksonville and am trying to squeeze in as much as possible in the next 5 days before I head back to Memphis. Time is going by too fast!

I saw this on a lot of blogs so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon for January and try it out. Here's what I'm up to currently!

Most of this is pretty self-explanatory. It's warm and rainy here in Florida but I am NOT complaining because I know I'm going to be cold for 9 weeks straight between winter break and spring break. Wah. 

I need to pack up my room here in Florida because we are selling the house after my mom gets married in March (over my spring break) so I won't have another chance before then to go through everything. We've been here 20 years so I have quite the collection of junk. 

I got Les Mis for Christmas and still haven't watched it yet. What's wrong with me?

I think we all need to re-hydrate after last night. No comment. 

And one of my favorite traditions is our family white elephant gift exchange. My whole extended family wraps ridiculous and horrible gifts and we spend the whole afternoon drinking, eating, and laughing as we unwrap velvet dresses and jars of mustard. 

That's me currently, what are you doing on the first day of 2014??

5 comments:

  1. I was pulling for a white elephant exchange this year, but it didn't happen. Boo! Did you get anything fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed discovering your blog through the Currently link-up. I have never seen Les Miserables the movie, but I loved when my high school theatre department performed it many years ago.

    Psyched to be in 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Nice to meet another 4th grade teacher! Go rehydrate, watch Les Miz, and veg out for a few hours. Lesson plans and packing aren't meant to be done on New Year's day. Rest, relaxation, and recuperating was what this day was meant for.
    Happy New Year!!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're home and enjoying your time here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're rehydrated by now and have finished watching that movie. Good luck with the move. It's a good time to go through things and pitch. We moved a few years back and I was amazed at how much we'd accumulated in 11 years...can't imagine what it would have been like if it had been 20 years!

    ReplyDelete